Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Prompt Response: The easiest part of the argumentative essay was the introduction and making my claim because I knew the two reasons I wanted to use and I feel like my contextualization before my thesis statement was well crafted. One thing I would change was my commentary on the second evidence body paragraph because that was the part I got the most stuck on.

Summary: Today in class we wrote a full argumentative essay about the value of selfies. This was the first time we did it completely independent and it gave a good sense of where we were and what we had to work on. We got time and a half since it was the first essay. 

Reflection: I think I had a good thesis statement and evidence but I think some of my commentary could have been stronger because at time it felt like I was being very repetitive with my sentences and I think my conclusion could have been stronger.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.