Write about a fear you have overcome.
Prompt Response: When I was little, I had a very large fear of balloons, specifically when they would pop. This was because I had surgery when I was an infant that made my ears very sensitive and so the loud pop of balloons breaking affected me a lot more than the average person. Additionally, one time me and my mom were picking up balloons for my friends birthday party and I accidentally let go off them and they floated off into the sky. So in summary my experience with balloons had not been very pleasant, but I was able to overcome it by a sort of exposure therapy where I made myself become more comfortable around loud noises and preparing myself if a balloon did pop. I also got more surgery on my ear which helped them not be as sensitive so I was as affected by a balloon popping from what I used to be
Summary: Today in class, we looked over our feedback from our Writeable assignment and reviewed the feedback we received. My feedback was about sentence structure and further explaining my evidence. I also accidentally separated my paragraph into two which took off points and added an extra space somewhere in my sentences. After we did that, we went to the gym for picture day.
Reflection: The feedback on my assignment was helpful because it helped clarify some things I wasn't sure about such as how to explain my evidence and how to write a strong conclusion. The feedback directly addressed what I did wrong so I can make sure I don't do it again. With this, however, I hope we do more practice with these essays as a group before we do it individually.
Comments
Post a Comment