Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: For me, the most challenging part of building an argument is explaining my evidence and forming a conclusion. I find myself simply restating the claim in the conclusion and in my explanations I feel like I'm getting of track or not being specific enough to connect it back to the claim/prompt.
Summary: Today in class we took notes on how to create a line of reasoning in our argumentative paragraphs. We learned the steps that a line of reasoning goes through and that the chain must link because if it doesn't the argument weakens. After we took notes we looked at cut outs and had to assemble a paragraph in the chain order.
Reflection: I liked today's practice with the cutouts because it helped me visualize the format of a paragraph and where everything goes as well as how it's constructed. I also appreciated seeing the blueprint of a different prompt and how they wrote it so I know what mine is supposed to look like. Finally I liked that we worked on a paragraph in groups because it helped me form my thoughts just speaking out loud as well as synthesizing them with other people's ideas.
Comments
Post a Comment