Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?
Prompt Response: One thing I understand better about my commentary now is that the "So What?" should explain why my evidence supports my claim instead of just summarizing or rewording the evidence. When writing my next argument, I will use this method to explain the importance of my evidence and connect it back to my claim.
Summary: Today in class we did a packet with four different claim and evidence and we had to write out a commentary with three different components. We had to explain what the evidence showed, why it was important, and how it connected back to the claim.
Reflection: It was helpful to practice commentary and know what parts and things I needed to include in it. I'm still not sure how to start each portion of the commentary and how to avoid just rewording the claim or evidence or getting too repetitive.
Comments
Post a Comment