Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

Prompt Response: Knowing the ins and outs of a rubric would help me better understand exactly what the assignment is looking for and focus on instead of just guessing and getting off track. After reviewing the AP Lang rubric, I understand that I need a clear and defensible thesis, strong supporting evidence, explain my reasoning, and show complexity. I would use the checklist in the future while writing and revising my essays so I can make sure I score as many points as possible. 

Summary: Today in class we looked at the papers other groups wrote in response to our paragraph. Afterwards we wrote down the three parts of formatting an introduction paragraph and finished off by going through the AP Lang Argumentative Essay rubric and talking about each point. 

Reflection: Analyzing the rubric was helpful because it helped me understand what the AP scorers are looking for and what to avoid doing to not get points off. This provided some clarity of how I should go on to write my essays for AP Lang and have a better chance of scoring higher on the essays. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.