Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

 Prompt Response: One time I had to write a poem in AP Gov about what America meant to me and I started with listing both sides of America and then composed it into lines that went together. I was pretty proud of it since I do not write poems a lot and I believe they are challenging but I thought I gave my best effort to it.

Summary: Today in class we analyzed a poem "Constantly Risking Absurdity" and established it as an overarching metaphor comparing a poet to an acrobat. We underlined specific phrases and words and annotated their meaning in a broader sense in terms of a poets perspective.

Reflection: I thought today's lesson was very humorous but also informative because we got to watch clips of acrobats and music videos to understand the poem and I thought the references and explanations provided kept me engaged and also furthered my understanding of the poem.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.