Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response: I think the word from today's vocab lesson that will be most useful in the future is idyllic. Idyllic means very peaceful or perfect which I think can be a good word to use in my AP Lang essays when comparing two things or in my SAT vocab section because it's a word I've heard before but never fully understood in context.
Summary: Today in class we wrote down vocab words and for our assignment we wrote our own sentences using each words. Afterwards, we did two practice sections from the book using the words in context.
Reflection: I think the vocab assignments are very helpful because it broadens our vocabulary to more professional words to use in our essays and by writing our own sentences I think helped lock in the definitions because we were creating our own writing based on how we interpreted the meaning of each word.
Comments
Post a Comment