n “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?
Prompt Response: One time I felt like I truly belonged was in the Chick-fil-a breakfast line in the mornings because I'm surrounded by people just as hungry as me and I've never felt self-conscious about what I order when at the front of that line. Additionally, everyone in the line is pretty happy to be there and the vibe is positive.
Summary: Today in class we did a Commonlit about the importance of have a sense of belonging in the community and society. The article used different references from studies sand credible sources to explain her claim. Afterwards we answered multiple choice questions and one written question at the end.
Reflection: The article was really interesting because it dove into the analysis on human behavior and why we have the inherent need to belong. Responding to the questions helped formulate the information in my head and it gave me a reference for how to write evidence and provide commentary for my writing.
Comments
Post a Comment