After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

 Prompt Response: Although I was not in class today, I looked up past AP Exam essays and analyzed what they did different to mine. One thing I noticed was that the higher scoring essays had better and more detailed evidence and their commentary directly supported their topic. This taught me that I need to guarantee my commentary connects back to my claim and evidence to create a well thought out and advanced response. 

Summary: Absent from class

Reflection: Absent form class


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.