Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Prompt Response: One thing I believed in when I was younger was that on Christmas Santa climbed down my chimney and left presents. I would leave out milk and cookies for him and carrots for his reindeer, which looking back was suspicious because it's even less likely that the reindeer were climbing down the chimney as well to eat them. I asked for a jet back every year until my mom broke the news to me that he wasn't real and I was devastated.

Summary: Today in class we learned what a claim was and defined three types of claims: claims of facts, claims of value, and claims of policy. We looked at a couple of examples for each and determined whether they fit the qualities of that claim type. 

Reflection: I liked the examples we discussed to determine different claims such as if Lakeside was in Atlanta or if Taylor Swift was the most successful female artist of the time because they were real-world examples I'm able to apply to things in my life since I go to Lakeside and I know who Taylor Swift is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.