Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

 Prompt Response: I use the word "bro" a lot even though I don't think it's a good habit it helps me start off my sentences and also segway into new thoughts or phrases. In the context of a sentence, I think bro is a form of address or how to acknowledge something informally. I don't really remember when it became a part of my everyday life, but I've started to notice how much I use it and want to tone it back because I feel like it dumbs down my sentences. It has become apart of my everyday life because it helps me flow through my sentences better and while I would never talk to a teacher or my parents using bro, it creates an informal or casual conversation input with my friends. 

Summary: Today in class we wrote down the definition of a set of vocabulary words and then answered lesson blanks with the word we thought best fit from a bank. Each lesson had a bank with a set of some of the new words we learned and we had to identify which word would be the correct placement for the blank given the context of the sentence. 

Reflection: This lesson helped me broaden my vocabulary and provided clarity on certain words I'd never seen before but also words I might've heard but didn't really understand the meaning of it such as "zealous". Other words such as "vernacular" I had recently learned from my book and it was exciting to see it pop up in the practice lesson because I had just Googled what it meant a few days prior to understand its meaning. I think these vocab lessons will be instrumental in my SAT practice as well as just broadening my vocabulary in general .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.