Prompt: Describe something you will never fully understand.

 Prompt: One thing I will never fully understand is how dreams can seem so vivid and real when we're sleeping but we are rarely able to remember them when we wake up. I think it's interesting but also a little scary that our brains can create an entirely alternate world just to discard it once the real one comes back into consciousness.

Summary: Today in class we looked at an LEQ prompt from 2015 about the purpose or function of "polite language" through communities or cultures. We listed out five pieces of evidence to support the claim we individually created and then categorized three of those pieces of evidence into "observation", "experience", or "reading"and explained why we put it there.

Reflection: I appreciated that we went over the prompt together because if that were to just have been thrown at me I'm not sure I would know how to tackle it off the bat. I feel like now that we've gone through the process and how to format the third essays response, I'm a little more confident in my ability to write an argumentative essay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Describe a time you felt completely lost.